Rated moderate to strenuous
Offered summer months
The Tetons are one of the youngest mountain ranges in the Rockies. With granite peaks, glacially carved canyons, fields of wildflowers, alpine lakes and majestic scenery, nature’s energy seeps into your being and allows space for personal growth. Join us during the summer months to combine the power of yoga within the support of the natural world.
Outdoor yoga connects us with nature and the elements while the backpacking journey connects us to our powerful center. After pranayama, asana and meditation, you will delve further on the path of renewal and awakening by spending time immersed in nature’s beauty far away from daily routines.
Journey to the Northern Tetons wilderness area to hike into the Green Lakes Basin, where alpine lakes are surrounded by granite peaks, brilliant wildflowers, and home to abundant wildlife. Additional day hiking brings us to the Teton Crest Trail, with options for summiting a 10,500′ peak. A beautiful sandstone plateau offers a surreal location for yoga asana, reflection and meditation to fill ones being with fresh, clean mountain air and the energy of the Tetons.
This multi-day trip includes pranayama, yoga asana, meditation, and hiking through spectacular terrain, as well as time for reflection, rest and renewal around the lakes, creeks and waterfalls.
What type of shape do I need to be in?
This trip is rated moderate to strenuous. The hike to camp is approximately five miles with elevation gain of 1500′ and each participant carries a 40-45 lb pack to camp. If you prefer a lighter load, porters are available for hire at an additional cost. Day hikes from camp do not require a loaded backpack, just personal supplies for the day.
Day 1: Meet in town park, downtown Victor, Idaho (30 minute drive from Jackson, Wyoming) to review gear with options for last minute necessities. Drive to trailhead (40 minutes from Victor, Idaho). Pranayama (breathing practice) and leave trail head to camp at Green Lakes Basin. Set up camp upon arrival, time for rest and to take in fresh mountain air. Restorative yoga, dinner and off to good night sleep.
Day 2: Morning pranayama, breakfast. Off for day hike with yoga asana along the way on sandstone plateau or alpine meadows with amazing mountain views, time to meditate in nature. Lunch on trail and after full day, we will return to camp for rest, dinner and a great night sleep.
Day 3: On three day trips, this is departure day will include morning pranayama, yoga asana and breakfast. Pack up camp and hike out. Stop for mid-day meditation along the way. Lunch and snack on trail. Closing practice at trailhead (gentle asana and reflection). For four day trips, Day 3 will be another day of hiking, yoga and connecting with nature.
Day 4: Departure day for the four day itinerary.
Teachings are designed to the group and ability level of participants.
- Jill LeBlanc, B.S. certified yoga instructor – Hatha, Vinyasa, Hot and Aerial yoga
- Daily guided morning pranayama, yoga asana and meditation
- Time in nature to align with natural rhythms and universal elements
- Guided day hikes from base camp
- Equipment (tents, sleeping bags, pads, backpacks, etc.) – client is required to carry personal items unless they have hired a porter (gear list provided upon reservation)
- Healthy, delicious backcountry vegetarian meals and snacks
- Cooking gear, eating utensils and water filtration system (participants expected to filter personal water)
- Phone consultation on details, questionnaire for food likes, dislikes, interests, allergies, etc…
- Airfare/transportation to Jackson Hole
- Lodging before and after our journey
- Transportation to the trailhead
- 2 night/3 day trip is $780 per person based on 4 person minimum
- 3 night /4 day trip is $1040 per person based on 4 person minimum
- Porters for hire are $175 per day and will carry maximum load of 50 lbs.
Backpacking Reservation Policy:
Reservations require a 50% deposit. Balance is due 30 days prior to scheduled trip. Cancellations made 30 days prior to departure receive full refund less $100 service charge. Cancellations made within 30 days of departure results in forfeiture of all monies unless we can rebook your trip. We reserve the right to cancel any trip necessary and will refund all fees.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and request reservations.